Join us as we discover good food wherever the our journeys take us. Here's to good food, good friends, and good memories!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Locally Owned, Globally Cool Neopolitan Pizza

Today was one of those days, 70's music on the radio, clothes in the store a throwback to the 70's, and a sudden summer-like thunderstorm. Put me right in the mood for some pizza.

A native New Yorker, pizza has to be special to impress me. But I had heard this place, Pupatella had the best pizza. And without a doubt, it definitely does.

I remember riding my bike to a pizza place in Massapequa Park. I won't say what I paid for a slice and a soda or I may give my age away! But this was not a typical New York running with grease pizza but (shhh don't tell anyone I said this) it was actually better, it was real Italian Neapolitan pizza, cooked in a wood burning pizza oven. From the crust, to the fresh-uncooked tomatoes, to the buffalo mozzarella, every topping is incredible.

Another restaurant not on the top 100, but absolutely should be. I am confident I won't find another place that could possibly have pizza as good as Pupatella's. And I am sure you would agree.



Thanks Karyn and Eric for sharing a good old-fashioned pizza night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Quest: To Find Good Food, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena